Can laughter help you reduce stress?
Stress relief from laughter? It’s no joke!
When it comes to relieving stress, more giggles are just what the doctor ordered.
A good sense of humour can’t cure all ailments, but data is mounting about the positive things laughter can do.
When you start to laugh, it doesn’t just lighten your load mentally, it actually induces physical changes in your body.
· Stimulate many organs. your heart, lungs and muscles. Laughter is a great cardio workout.
· Soothe tension. Laughter can also stimulate circulation and aid muscle relaxation, both of which can help reduce the physical symptoms of stress.
· Relieve pain. Laughter triggers the release of endorphins which are the body’s natural painkillers, helping you feel good all over and in some cases helping ease chronic pain.
· Connection: Friendships can have a major impact on your health and well-being, there is nothing better than hanging out with friends and having a good laugh.
· Increase personal satisfaction. Laughter can also make it easier to cope with difficult situations.
· Improve your mood. Laughter can help lessen with depression and anxiety, helping you feel happier.
Laughter can increase your overall sense of well-being. Doctors have found that people who have a positive outlook on life tend to fight diseases better than people who tend to be more negative. So smile, laugh, and live longer!